Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:40:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Whens the Next Update?  (Read 85170 times)
Teknonick

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:34:59 AM »

I was wondering, when will the next update be out? I mean big update, including ai, or weapons, or health, or physics, or somthing else big?

Or an update with new blocks! :3

Don't mean to be buggy (Trips on a bug) but, :S
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 02:13:28 PM »

AI will take me at least two more weeks to get something game ready... probably more.  And I still won't have actual creature models to use unless I use some stiff-wooden off the shelf models.  (which I may do)

I've got the basic planner written.  Next will be to get it into a 2D prototyping app and hooked up to the entity system that Mythruna uses.  This will let me (and potentially others) prototype some of the AI actions that an NPC can perform, the higher-lever goal selection stuff/coordination, and the base goals that nearly all creatures will have (eat, sleep, "work").

There are not any new "quick" features on the horizon though I have a long to-do list of things.  Sometimes some things bubble to the surface and I implement them and cut a release.  I have no definite release plans at the moment.

I'm at sort of a critical phase where a lot of the major systems need to start getting integrated or I won't be able to make significant progress.  And then after that, everything sort of snowballs and I'll be releasing often.  AI is one of those things because the data and decision model can be used for other things (for example, pathfinding for an NPC is not so different than pathfinding for a river.)

AI, Physics, Creature Animation, and Combat... are all sort of major blockers right now.  Any one of those has a minimum of three weeks of work before something significant shows in the releases... and in many cases, visible features would require some or all of them to be working.

Bottom line: it's probably at least a month before a new release barring any major issues that arise.  And it's unclear what that release will contain other than mortared rock.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 04:01:18 PM »

Thanks for the post, and it seems that most of the main features for the game will be coming soon (And I mean a month or so soon) hopefully.

Even if nothing is released soon, I know it will come sometime, and this news just got my hopes up, that it wont be 2-4 years xD!

Anyways, I get what your saying about how it will snowball...

And Water physics... Already seems better than how, "The Other Square Game" does it!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »

Thanks for the post, and it seems that most of the main features for the game will be coming soon (And I mean a month or so soon) hopefully.

Even if nothing is released soon, I know it will come sometime, and this news just got my hopes up, that it wont be 2-4 years xD!

Anyways, I get what your saying about how it will snowball...

And Water physics... Already seems better than how, "The Other Square Game" does it!

I'm still trying to get close to an alpha state in six months.

I thought the same thing two months ago but it's still my target. Smiley  Eventually "six months" will become "five months", etc..
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:04:56 AM »

I really like reading about the progress and planning of this game. I really look forward to crafting and fighting things.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »

I really like reading about the progress and planning of this game. I really look forward to crafting and fighting things.

Thanks!   I try to post a few things a week just to let everyone know how things are going.  There will be fewer pictures for a while, I guess. Sad

Hopefully I will have some AI progress to report soon.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »

Out of curiosity.. what kind of models do you need? and do you need them to be animated? I might be able to get some from a friend (he's a 3D making dude...)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 08:44:16 PM »

Out of curiosity.. what kind of models do you need? and do you need them to be animated? I might be able to get some from a friend (he's a 3D making dude...)

There is a chicken and an egg problem here, somewhat.  I do definitely want help with models but first I need to make some of my own to better understand how the animation rig should be setup... and to deal with all of the problems I will have importing blender models.

I have a few placeholder models I can pull from for start then I need to spend some quiet-time with Blender and make a model myself at least once.  I have a book, etc. but I just haven't had the focus to sit still with it for more than 20 minutes at a time. Smiley
Baene

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 01:26:00 AM »

you WILL be getting my money, truly. Game concept is solid, LOVE LOVE LOVE the added building touches, many more (and better) blocks to build with, and the game LOOKS better than the other building sandbox block game Smiley So yes, as you get closer, i WILL donate. Keep up the hard work dude and a lot of us may not post a ton (or at all) but i know myself and a LOT of people i know are watching and waiting for this game Smiley

/cheers!

Baene
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 06:19:52 AM »

you WILL be getting my money, truly. Game concept is solid, LOVE LOVE LOVE the added building touches, many more (and better) blocks to build with, and the game LOOKS better than the other building sandbox block game Smiley So yes, as you get closer, i WILL donate. Keep up the hard work dude and a lot of us may not post a ton (or at all) but i know myself and a LOT of people i know are watching and waiting for this game Smiley

/cheers!

Baene

Thanks.  This is the kind of post that keeps me going... especially in these longer stretches of "nothing to show".
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »

Seconded here in Oklahoma

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 05:30:32 PM »

/cheers!

Baene

Ditto.

Although I have been taking a break from Mythruna to play Diablo3 and work on my own projects, I still check the board  Wink
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 05:32:43 PM »

Ditto.

Although I have been taking a break from Mythruna to play Diablo3 and work on my own projects, I still check the board  Wink

Heheh... I tell myself that Diablo 3 is what things are so quiet around here these days. Smiley
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »

Ditto.

Heheh... I tell myself that Diablo 3 is what things are so quiet around here these days. Smiley
That is the reason, you will get all your guys after veryone beats the game once though, becuase the game is so much different... Since I bought it, its more of a "Just finish it, so I can see what the story has.. And so my money dosn't go to waste...."
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 08:09:39 AM »

/cheers!

Baene
Nothing needs to be added to that post. (Perfection)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: