Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 09:54:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot Download for Windows  (Read 10318 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:44:11 PM »

The problem is, when I try to download the pre-alpha for windows, my antivirus will not let me download the zip file because it says the file is infected. Please get the file uninfected.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 12:06:54 AM »

The problem is, when I try to download the pre-alpha for windows, my antivirus will not let me download the zip file because it says the file is infected. Please get the file uninfected.

I think your antivirus software is mistaken.  I just downloaded a fresh copy and scanned it and found no issues.  Furthermore, it ran fine.

Just to be sure, you are downloading it from here, right?
http://mythruna.com/download-now/
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 02:31:57 AM »

You could also have fake anti-virus installed (Malware) which is terrible. Be sure to have installed a PROPER anti-virus like AVG or Kaspersky before downloading/searching the web. (AVG free is good even if it is free.) Just to make sure: I downloaded Mythruna today without a problem.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:54:10 AM »

You could also have fake anti-virus installed (Malware) which is terrible. Be sure to have installed a PROPER anti-virus like AVG or Kaspersky before downloading/searching the web. (AVG free is good even if it is free.) Just to make sure: I downloaded Mythruna today without a problem.
I do have an actual antivirus. BullGaurd. It was listed as an actual antivirus by windows 7.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:57:26 AM »

For what it's worth, I checked the file with Symantec on my work computer.  This is what they install on all of the machines to protect their assets.  I even made sure the virus database was up to date first.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:57:55 AM »

NOTE: Bullgaurd says the Virus name is Gen:Variant.Kazy.50380; and yes i download it from mythruna.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:05:05 AM by unnaturallife » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 11:53:16 AM »

I'm not sure what to say at this point.  There is a good chance that this is a false positive...and if so then there isn't really much I can do about it since I can't remove a virus that isn't there.

I wonder if Bullguard's tech support could help you sort out if this is a false positive or not.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 11:55:13 AM »

Task Completed! I have downloaded Mythruna. How? I uninstalled Bullgaurd and installed a new Antivirus - Microsoft Security Essentials.
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »

Sometimes antiviruses have false positives, like paul said. I'm not familiar with Bullgaurd but if anybody has antivirus problems, there is most likely an exclude list, of which you can add the mythruna website. Also, if you happen to be unsure, download a good on-demand antivirus, update it, then run it. Your choice of free antivirus is huge, mse is good. Never heard of bullgaurd but if a study was conducted that included it, you can check its frequency of false positives, missed malware, etc.
Vander

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 08:05:40 PM »

I scanned Mythruna with the Norton anti virus that came with my computer and it came out clean.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: