Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 06:34:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A farm...  (Read 21331 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2012, 01:30:41 AM »

So, I needed to know roughly how much per square a Mythruna farm might produce.  Part of figuring out resource dependencies...

So I fired up the game and made a farm.  I didn't finish it and only filled in two of the fields... but I think it looks ok and now I'm starting to have an idea of how an NPC will build a farm on somewhat rolling terrain.

FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 02:51:11 AM »

Its such a cool farm hahaha

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 06:05:19 AM »

Oh cool. A cute lil farm Cheesy. Reminds me of Harvest Moon.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 07:08:39 AM »

That fence looks like a pain to build. Good to see its not a five story farmhouse.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »

Looks pretty good, Paul. Is that something that you build on the multiplayer server world?
george mac

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:52:47 AM »

hi do you know how to fix the starting error for mythruna? because I cannot get on the game
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »

hi do you know how to fix the starting error for mythruna? because I cannot get on the game

Sorry you are having problems.  It's best to post to the tech support section and include your error logs.  Most of the time it's a graphics card or driver compatibility issue... but it depends on the error.
george mac

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 10:17:15 AM »

thanks
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 10:21:42 AM »

That fence looks like a pain to build. Good to see its not a five story farmhouse.

The fence is pretty easy.  It's just two different blueprint objects that are 8 mini-blocks long so that they overlap neighboring blocks by a half-width.  So "Snap All" places them exactly where they need to be.

The crops were a real pain.  One object per 'block', each requiring a "Snap All".  I almost gave up and scripted it. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 10:22:39 AM »

Looks pretty good, Paul. Is that something that you build on the multiplayer server world?

No, I built it in my local test world.  It's easier for me to export stuff like the objects out that way and I can do more drastic landscaping without feeling bad about it.  I had to click away a lot of trees to make the farm. Smiley
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 11:53:30 AM »

*Built*
Paul, I made it with one blueprint.... x)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:55:01 AM by Teknonick » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 11:07:49 PM »

So, for the curious... and there will be more about this elsewhere in a minute...

Here is the bird's eye view of my farm:

It shows three different "sections" with one of them being "fallow" for crop rotation.  So this farmer could grow two crops a season and let cattle/livestock room on the third if he liked.

Here is the allocation:

From left to right, 169 sq meters, 146 sq meters, and 177 sq meters.

Ideally they'd be the same but I think that's pretty good for just eyeballing it from the ground and placing what "felt right".
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 11:10:11 PM »

The section to the left is the fallow section and I just noticed that if I take the fences out that separate the bottom part from the top part (I originally thought that just the top would be enough but I changed my mine)... if I take those out then that section also has 177 sq meters.

...and it wouldn't be hard to easily squeeze another 31 sqrs from the middle.

...ok, so that's the farm for a town of 30 or so.
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »

Towns are going to be huge. wow. Having maybe 10-15 buildings for a town of 30, and each taking quite some space (not as much as the farm), one could take a stroll through town without reaching the end too soon. I like your proportions.

Where on your list of town sizes would this farm fall into. Is it average in size, or one of the larger ones, or are all towns roughly the same size (dependent on resources)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 12:48:15 PM »

Towns are going to be huge. wow. Having maybe 10-15 buildings for a town of 30, and each taking quite some space (not as much as the farm), one could take a stroll through town without reaching the end too soon. I like your proportions.

Where on your list of town sizes would this farm fall into. Is it average in size, or one of the larger ones, or are all towns roughly the same size (dependent on resources)

So far my test towns average about 30 people.  And that pictured is an "average" farm to feed a town that size.

In the towns I have in my AI tester pics, everyone has beds... and so you can see how many buildings there are.  In reality, those "houses" all have 4 beds but I will adjust it in the real generator to try to keep family units together where it makes sense.  After all, I can easily generate buildings that house 20 people if I really wanted... though that's pretty ridiculous. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: