Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 11:32:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mythruna Races  (Read 13213 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »

Paul if you remember in one of my posts, I linked an image I did on the computer. If you want, and I wish to help you get an idea of what your races will look like in the design. I will follow the instructions on http://mythruna.com/about-mythruna/playable-races/ for the designs on characters.
I don't say that these will be the final designs if you allow me to draw them.

================================================================================================================

I will do both a drawing on plain paper and a computer edit of it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:50:59 AM by unnaturallife » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:15:53 AM »

You are free to do what you like though I cannot promise to use any of them.

I have a pretty good idea of what most of the races will look like.  Reptilian is the only wildcard and that's mostly because I know 20 things I don't want it to look like but haven't found something I really latch onto yet.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:27:09 PM »

You are free to do what you like though I cannot promise to use any of them.

I have a pretty good idea of what most of the races will look like.  Reptilian is the only wildcard and that's mostly because I know 20 things I don't want it to look like but haven't found something I really latch onto yet.

So you've got all the ideas down for the races except the Reptilian?
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 06:26:26 AM »

No, He has most races down. But the reptilian is harder because of the different illustrations of a reptilian there are. So It's hard to just pick "1" of them.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 01:11:58 PM »

The best idea i think for a reptilian is a alligator, or LizardMan.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »

That's basically what a reptilian is Smiley Mainly Lizard.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »

Heheh... "I think the best idea for a reptilian is something that looks like a reptile in man form."

Ummm... yeah. Smiley

Of the potentially millions of different ways to make a lizard man, I have not decided on one yet.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »

Heheh... "I think the best idea for a reptilian is something that looks like a reptile in man form."

Ummm... yeah. Smiley

Of the potentially millions of different ways to make a lizard man, I have not decided on one yet.

I kinda got an idea :3
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »

When you say "lizardman" or reptilian, I think of either Skyrim Argonians or the Lizardman from Soul Calibur  Grin

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »

When you say "lizardman" or reptilian, I think of either Skyrim Argonians or the Lizardman from Soul Calibur  Grin

I've been steering away from the elongated snout form.  It seems like they'd never be able to speak a common tongue and it doesn't give much room for facial expression.  Also, it gives nowhere to go for the "alpha" or warrior sub-species.  If a reptilian has more humanoid features then the weaker subspecies would have softer features and a flatter forehead and the warrior sub-species would have larger cranial ridges and a slightly mongoloid face maybe.

I have a bunch of ideas they just haven't solidified.  And many of them are more like "don't do this" rather than any specific thing.... like "don't be like Skyrim"  "don't be like Soul Calibur", etc..

Though I think my idea of having a kind of reptilian feather patch on the head to do something almost like hair styles is kind of interesting.  If the warrior class has large ridges running down the center of their head then they could have an almost mohawk like stream of short feathers either side of that... while the weaker subspecies would have plummage and more varied draping feathers, white, green, or potentially dyed with bones and trinkets tied into it.

My brain can almost picture a whole head but then I lose details before I can draw it.  It will come.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 08:37:16 PM »

that does sound cool, though "feathers" would also be prominant in avian headstyle, wouldn't you agree?

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 10:55:33 PM »

that does sound cool, though "feathers" would also be prominant in avian headstyle, wouldn't you agree?

No, avians aren't like birds... more like humans with bat wings on their backs.  No feathers.

I think they will be bald or have hardly any hair.  It would be an aerodynamic deficiency if they had too much on their heads naturally.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: