Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 07:20:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with setup and installation.  (Read 6784 times)
annieM

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »

I have just recently downloaded the test engine version of Mythruna,however I'm a little bit of an dumbie when it comes to computer stuff so I was hoping someone could give a step-by-step tutorial on how to install and run the game. My main problem is that I honesty haven't a clue about all these zip files and extracting them and such. I think I have extracted them and saved them to a new folder,but I still can't get the game to run. The closest I've got to running is when this pop-up menu came up displaying options on graphics and things but after I've selected the options it closes down and I can't seem to get any further. I know I may sound like a idiot but I've never came across any of this stuff before.Therefore, I would appreciate any help or tips that you may have Wink                                                                                                                                                     P.S , I really,REALLY want to play Mythruna it sounds awesome!! Cheesy
Andy
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 02:36:56 PM »

Hi and welcome to Mythruna!
It would help if you provided some more info:
1) What options did you choose in the popup menu?
2) What's your graphics card?
3) In the extracted folder, was a file called error-[long number].log created?
4) What's your operating system? Windows?

To play the game you should first extract the .zip by right-clicking and selecting "unzip here" or "unzip to folder..." then just double-click on "Mythruna-20120627.exe" (Windows)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:39:22 PM by Andy » Logged
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 02:38:50 PM »

i will do the best to tell you installation and running. the following is told to you by a 12 year old:

1)go to http://mythruna.com/download-now/ and select your system for download.

2)extract to location you want it to go.

3)go to that location. if you run on windows and you use the "search" and mythruna is listed under programs that link will not work. all files need to be located in one spot.

4) double-click on the application "Mythruna-20120627" a menu will pop up. the farthest left is a dropdown. best for that is either size "800x600" or "1280x720" fullscreen i do not reccomend, such as if you were to check something on the computer. you cannot resize the client after you have chose your settings and clicked "ok".

The rest should be easy to figure out. WASD to walk, Arrow Keys or mouse (or mouse pad) to move visual angle. press F1 for other questions while in either single-player or multi-player. if you want to play on a multi-player server click on multi-player and there is a built-in server name and address that will always be there.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 03:05:07 PM »

Hi and welcome to Mythruna!
It would help if you provided some more info:
1) What options did you choose in the popup menu?
2) What's your graphics card?
3) In the extracted folder, was a file called error-[long number].log created?
4) What's your operating system? Windows?

To play the game you should first extract the .zip by right-clicking and selecting "unzip here" or "unzip to folder..." then just double-click on "Mythruna-20120627.exe" (Windows)

Windows XP calls this "Extract all..."   I don't remember what Windows 7 calls it anymore since this is a corporate configuration and they've put Winzip on it.

The error log is the critical thing.  If you got it to run once then you at least got far enough to have an error log.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: