Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 09:55:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inventory Progress, part 2...  (Read 17883 times)
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 08:03:13 PM »

Yeah. If you look at the news section, they're advancing pretty fast... well, in generation mainly. Everything else is horrid. You fall one meter, and you implode! It makes the free version terrible because your world is deleted upon death... with no saving either. They've also added in a few randomized structures that work OK... the basement is a little buggy, and the stairs are a pain! There's also a ton of invisible blocks everywhere.... Hard as heck to move around without glitching into a wall, then not being able to free yourself without taking another 30 minutes to start another endless map with no trees anywhere....

Anyway, I think Blockscape is going to focus on 'gamemodes', like TD, Hordes, Attack and Defend... basic stuff like that. Also visuals, they're pretty amazing sometimes if you get to see multiple biomes at once. Mythruna is taking another goal: The more humble one. Style! Blockscape will succeed because it will look amazing... but will have little gameplay. Mythruna is the opposite. It will totally vanquish it's competitors (No need to comment there... we all know you'd say there's no 'competition') through sheer gameplay. Combat. Physics. Ships. Story. NPCS (The biggest of them all)!

Yeah, there's a lot more to say about Mythruna than others that focus on simple space exploration, or grand beauty... seriously, that's all I can say about those games. "Hey look at that game, you can go into space! What, you want more? Uh......... ask... later?" or "The visuals are amazing! Sadly, I can't do anything but look around." Mythruna gets "Sure, the graphics aren't great... but who cares? Minecraft was a big hit, and it said GOODBYE to graphics forever. Mythruna will have massive customizable stories, that will be nothing like 'different gameplay, every time!'... it will turn those words into dust. Mythruna will make you think about every swing you make... if you want to make it. Swords will clash against hammers, shields will spark with fire from dragons, arrows will soar through mud golems.... Chairs are cool and all, but can you move them in other games? Okay, yes.... But, can you make a SHIP that moves? Can your ship sink, can it EXPLODE or flood with water!? Yeah, right. Nice try Generic Brand Block Game."

Little bit of a rant there... probably the wrong section for this....

Anyway, love the inventory! I should have ranted about that. I actually didn't even see anything like that in the other games. Only game I've liked good inventory was UO, pretty cool. This, takes it to a knew level.

Oh, that brings me to a new question: Will there be weight to objects? So, even if a chest can 'hold' all the items in it's grid... that doesn't mean it can hold super compact bricks of gold like it's nothing... can it? (Unless it has gem enhancers to it. OOOOH Magic storage!!!)
Ya mythruna will be awesome my only concern about mythruna is whether or not it will lag my computer crazy Paul please tell me this will mythruna eventually be more cpu intensive than modern day minecraft cause my lab top pc can handle that very well with little to no lag Also i am going to love embedding my self into npc society reminds me of the sims Tongue

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »

Ya mythruna will be awesome my only concern about mythruna is whether or not it will lag my computer crazy Paul please tell me this will mythruna eventually be more cpu intensive than modern day minecraft cause my lab top pc can handle that very well with little to no lag Also i am going to love embedding my self into npc society reminds me of the sims Tongue

I won't  know how CPU intensive it is until I get there.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »

Yeah. If you look at the news section, they're advancing pretty fast... well, in generation mainly. Everything else is horrid. You fall one meter, and you implode! It makes the free version terrible because your world is deleted upon death... with no saving either. They've also added in a few randomized structures that work OK... the basement is a little buggy, and the stairs are a pain! There's also a ton of invisible blocks everywhere.... Hard as heck to move around without glitching into a wall, then not being able to free yourself without taking another 30 minutes to start another endless map with no trees anywhere....

Anyway, I think Blockscape is going to focus on 'gamemodes', like TD, Hordes, Attack and Defend... basic stuff like that. Also visuals, they're pretty amazing sometimes if you get to see multiple biomes at once. Mythruna is taking another goal: The more humble one. Style! Blockscape will succeed because it will look amazing... but will have little gameplay. Mythruna is the opposite. It will totally vanquish it's competitors (No need to comment there... we all know you'd say there's no 'competition') through sheer gameplay. Combat. Physics. Ships. Story. NPCS (The biggest of them all)!

Yeah, there's a lot more to say about Mythruna than others that focus on simple space exploration, or grand beauty... seriously, that's all I can say about those games. "Hey look at that game, you can go into space! What, you want more? Uh......... ask... later?" or "The visuals are amazing! Sadly, I can't do anything but look around." Mythruna gets "Sure, the graphics aren't great... but who cares? Minecraft was a big hit, and it said GOODBYE to graphics forever. Mythruna will have massive customizable stories, that will be nothing like 'different gameplay, every time!'... it will turn those words into dust. Mythruna will make you think about every swing you make... if you want to make it. Swords will clash against hammers, shields will spark with fire from dragons, arrows will soar through mud golems.... Chairs are cool and all, but can you move them in other games? Okay, yes.... But, can you make a SHIP that moves? Can your ship sink, can it EXPLODE or flood with water!? Yeah, right. Nice try Generic Brand Block Game."

Anyway, love the inventory! I should have ranted about that. I actually didn't even see anything like that in the other games. Only game I've liked good inventory was UO, pretty cool. This, takes it to a knew level.

Oh, that brings me to a new question: Will there be weight to objects? So, even if a chest can 'hold' all the items in it's grid... that doesn't mean it can hold super compact bricks of gold like it's nothing... can it? (Unless it has gem enhancers to it. OOOOH Magic storage!!!)

"Minecraft was a big hit, and it said GOODBYE to graphics forever." ~ Teknonick 8.5/10 stars

Picture uncopyrighted by Moonkey -2013-
Right. You can make stuff look good like that, but is it anything compared to the skyscraper in BF4? Point taken.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 04:06:55 PM »

"Minecraft was a big hit, and it said GOODBYE to graphics forever." ~ Teknonick 8.5/10 stars

Right. You can make stuff look good like that, but is it anything compared to the skyscraper in BF4? Point taken.
Well, BF4 wasn't made in 2009 was it?

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »

Well, BF4 wasn't made in 2009 was it?
Nope. Minecraft was actually 'made' in 2011, btw. And if you even compare BF3, yeah. Minecraft is NOT about graphics. It's about creativity, and simplicity BJ (That's, before Jens....)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: