Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 10:20:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tool/item scale...  (Read 9897 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:09:48 AM »

Working on the hand grip. This pic shows the scale of some items:

The model's hands are not well articulated but it's good enough for now.  She will be replaced or redone someday and I don't want to waste too much time rerigging her (and learning how to rig in Blender, etc.) just to get better hand grips.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 05:27:53 AM »

Coming along pretty nicely, didn't post about the inventory setup but that also looks real nice
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 05:49:44 AM »

I have been planning to use blender for some time, I just think it's funny how you just refuse to actually work with blender.

I love the scaling stuff you have, good job!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 02:25:24 PM »

I have been planning to use blender for some time, I just think it's funny how you just refuse to actually work with blender.

I love the scaling stuff you have, good job!

I have like a decade of experience with 3D Studio Max... when I use blender I feel like a monkey poking at flashy buttons.  I brought it up last night and I'm trying to learn a few things because it's easier to pose in that gui... but not much easier.  And I click the wrong thing and my GUI reconfigures itself into some bizarre setup and there is no "Undo" for stuff like that.  I'm getting to the point where I don't have to exit and reopen the app to get things back, though. Smiley  And the latest version is 100x better than the one I used 2 years ago.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »

Working on the hand grip. This pic shows the scale of some items:

The model's hands are not well articulated but it's good enough for now.  She will be replaced or redone someday and I don't want to waste too much time rerigging her (and learning how to rig in Blender, etc.) just to get better hand grips.
being able to hold stuff...... Paul we are one more step closer to adventure mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 08:04:31 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what is your algorithm method for getting the item's scale and position:

When you scale it, do you practically scale all three four dimensions, and along with that does the hand configure the pitch/yaw at the moment, or did you just hook it in directly setting the item's pitch/yaw?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 10:56:31 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what is your algorithm method for getting the item's scale and position:

When you scale it, do you practically scale all three four dimensions, and along with that does the hand configure the pitch/yaw at the moment, or did you just hook it in directly setting the item's pitch/yaw?

I wish I could scale things in 4D... I could be done with the game by now.

I take the 3D volume and the 2D area... then I scale up the 2D area so that the flat 1 block volume is the same (so sqrt(depth), basically).

The model has an articulated skeleton and bones, etc... I just grab an attachment point on the hand and monkey with some of the bone settings so that the hand is in the proper position.  So the wand/knife/whatever automatically moves when the rest of the skeleton does.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 02:13:28 PM »

Ahah, constraints Smiley
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 09:47:05 AM »

lookin good, keep it up paul.

Specs for future reference: