Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 02:35:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiki Planning  (Read 68528 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »

Before Paul opens the floodgates for wiki editing, we should plan what pages and catagories need to be created and documented first. This is just a very rough sketch of what the wiki may look like in a category; page format. If there is something not present on this list that we should plan for, post a reply with your reccomendation. Smiley

All of the current features that we planned to document have been DOCUMENTED! Cheesy

Blocks
.... Dirt/Grass
.... Sand
.... Stone/Stone Slope
.... Rock
.... Cobble
.... Mortared Rock
.... Water
.... Dynamic tree/leaf parts
.... Grass and Flowers
.... Blocky tree/leaf parts
.... Wood planks/ wood slope
.... W&D Block
.... Shingles
.... Thatch
.... Glass
.... Black/White Marble & Slopes
.... Mineral Vein
.... Lights

Navigation
.... Walking/jumping
.... Climbing
.... Swimming
.... Gravity
SEE: Player

Game Menus

.... Inventory
.... Property(Redirect to property system)
.... Character
.... Blueprints(Redirect to blueprint system)

Map
Multiplayer
For multiplayer, SEE: Menus I plan to write a page on multiplayer.
Servers
Commands
Key Map
Options Menu

Launcher

Seeds/seed 0
Trees
Sounds
Building system
Day/Night Cycle
Time/date system - Reserching

Leafs and Columns and nodes - Researching
Lighting
Postprocessing effects
Multiplayer

Planned feature wiki pages

Prop physics
character attributes
Metallurgy
Inventory system(storage crystals/bags)
Races
Seasons
Magic
Combat
NPCs
Creatures
Mining
Farming
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:13:12 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 01:12:11 PM »

Modding API

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 01:44:16 PM »

Modding API

Ooh, that's a good one. Are you volunteering to write it? :3

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 02:30:50 PM »

Modding API

I would if I knew what I was talking about Grin. Although, all that can be said at this moment is that it is a planned feature.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 02:35:26 PM »

Modding API

I would if I knew what I was talking about Grin. Although, all that can be said at this moment is that it is a planned feature.

I just noticed you're 6 posts away from becoming a hero member. :3

Planned features should be documented as well as existing ones. Of course, existing ones take priority.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:37:10 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »

Paul would be the main writer of the API... once I get a new computer (I punched mine in a fit of rage, plus it couldn't really run Mythruna anyways so pshht..) then I'll help with the API...
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »

Fleshed out the plan a little more with some planned feature pages. Those pages are things we'd have on the backburners of course, but are still super important later.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 09:50:45 AM »

Perhaps there should also be a crash self help pages where a bunch of common crashing issues are addressed.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 09:21:05 AM »

Added 5 more things to the plan.

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 11:58:40 AM »

Paul would be the main writer of the API... once I get a new computer (I punched mine in a fit of rage, plus it couldn't really run Mythruna anyways so pshht..) then I'll help with the API...

You should build your own computer! ....as long as you have more common sense than that one specific person with the Mr. Krabs avatar.... (I hope he doesn't read this)

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 02:40:02 PM »

You should build your own computer! ....as long as you have more common sense than that one specific person with the Mr. Krabs avatar.... (I hope he doesn't read this)
I know how, just no money XD I remember taking apart that desktop I used to use, and hooking it all up in a new case with a new MoBo and Power Supply & fan, and man, that was fun.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 03:00:04 PM »

I know how, just no money XD I remember taking apart that desktop I used to use, and hooking it all up in a new case with a new MoBo and Power Supply & fan, and man, that was fun.

Building a PC is cheaper than a prebuilt.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »

Yes.  Though I will stress that it's cheaper in the "price per capability" sense.  You can buy cheaper prebuilt machines but they will suck for playing games.  I recently built (my kids and I built three of them) some pretty nice ~$400 machines (6 core phenoms with nVidia cards in them... GTX 460s maybe?)  At least $400 is what I remember... it's hard to extract the actual price because I bought monitors and other stuff with them.  Maybe they were $500.  I could pull up the specs if anyone really cares.

Still... that's a lot of money.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 04:09:28 PM »

Yes.  Though I will stress that it's cheaper in the "price per capability" sense.  You can buy cheaper prebuilt machines but they will suck for playing games.  I recently built (my kids and I built three of them) some pretty nice ~$400 machines (6 core phenoms with nVidia cards in them... GTX 460s maybe?)  At least $400 is what I remember... it's hard to extract the actual price because I bought monitors and other stuff with them.  Maybe they were $500.  I could pull up the specs if anyone really cares.

Still... that's a lot of money.

Well, if any of your friends frequently upgrade their computers, you have yourself some good interim components if they're feeling generous. My graphics card is actually one from 08' that a friend handed off to me. It's an amazing card, for the most part, too.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 01:40:47 PM »

And now we wait I guess.

Not that waiting is a bad thing. I've got no free time this week anyway.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: