Mythruna
April 25, 2024, 01:30:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiki Planning  (Read 68546 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2015, 04:31:55 PM »

That was a lot of questions. Wink

Whaaat? Naw...

Thanks for all the info. I'll revise the article accordingly

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2015, 04:47:37 PM »

For supplementary informations, i mean, like, the light level of the sun and a synopsis of all the post-processing effects and where they can be found/observed. Also, is there a name for the lighting system? As in, how the light diffuses. In addition, the maximum light level would be nice to know.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:42:29 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2015, 05:13:43 PM »

Damn... All the markers are cut up and have no color. I'd have to assemble them from scratch to get anything done with that. I guess I'll just get what I can with my snipping tool.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2015, 05:21:48 PM »

I guess this means I'll need a volunteer to meet me at spawn so I can collect the sprites... But everyone else is dead. :(

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2015, 07:40:44 PM »

rip me

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2015, 08:41:10 PM »

rip me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9x9RMXrdc

Also @pspeed, I figure the sprites are something people can figure out on their own anyway.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:58:01 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2015, 09:11:09 PM »

Another question: How many varieties of tree are there? I know there are at least two different basic leaf types and the coniferous leaves, but what are all the tree types? I know there's a small thin trunked tree, a large branched tree, a large trunked tree, and the large coniferous trees... but is that all?

EDIT: I have an article on trees that I think explains things well enough here, but it never hurts to be thorough.

ALSO, I'm researching leafs, columns, and nodes. So... Edits to a leafs(which are 32x32x32) are saved every midnight as a branch; leaves are categorized in columns(32x32x128?) and stored in nodes, which are files that each account for 1024x1024x128 areas of land... and there are about 6 commands associated with leafs and columns. That about right? EDIT: Completed this page, but it's probably not as complete as it should be. Anyone with more knowledge on the subject is advised to curate. I know for a fact that the commands need more details, but I'm lazy so ye.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:46:06 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2015, 12:49:40 AM »

If anyone can make an image compilation of the 28(?) moon phases, I would be in your debt. Overwise, I'll get around to it eventually. If you want to do it, I have a set of all the phase images in a folder I can send to you.

ALSO, post-processing effects has been written here.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:35:18 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2015, 03:39:22 AM »

Documentation of all the current features is now...

COMPLETE!

The documentation may need a little spit-shine here and there just so everything is accounted for, but that's what all these questions are for. Cheesy

Especially for the PPFX. I know NOTHING about that stuff Cheesy

... And now I feel like I'm compensating for the entire community when I look at the post history. Sad
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:44:50 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Rex

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2015, 05:37:07 AM »

Documentation of all the current features is now...
COMPLETE!
Your dedication is admirable.

... And now I feel like I'm compensating for the entire community when I look at the post history. Sad

Don't be sad Sad

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2015, 11:59:43 AM »

Thanks for all the work.  Future explorers will certainly appreciate it, too.

If you still have open questions from this thread then please summarize them in one post for me... as I couldn't tell what you really needed to  know, what you'd already figured out yourself, etc..
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2015, 04:02:44 PM »

Thanks for all the work.  Future explorers will certainly appreciate it, too.

If you still have open questions from this thread then please summarize them in one post for me... as I couldn't tell what you really needed to  know, what you'd already figured out yourself, etc..

Ah, sorry. They're a little... disjointed, I know.

Questions:

1. How many different varieties of trees are there? Like, there are thick trunked trees, thin trunked trees, branched thick trunked trees... But are there others?

2. A summary of the post-processing effects would be nice, to check against what I already have. Or, you could just curate this and see what I missed: http://mythruna.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Post-processing_Effects#Light_source_effects

3. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about the leaf/column/node system, so if you have  the time to curate this as well, it would be much appreciated. If you think I missed anything important, do tell. I'm not too skilled at the technical stuff. http://mythruna.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Post-processing_Effects#Light_source_effects

Community requests/I'm lazy requests that aren't aimed at Paul:

If anyone can make an image compilation of the 28(?) moon phases, I would be in your debt. Overwise, I'll get around to it eventually. If you want to do it, I have a set of all the phase images in a folder I can send to you.

Anywho, I'll work on the planned features now, as best I can.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:08:17 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2015, 05:20:49 PM »

I'm half tempted to just copy and paste everything Paul said about certain planned features and doing it that way.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2015, 05:32:24 PM »

Thanks for all the work.  Future explorers will certainly appreciate it, too.

If you still have open questions from this thread then please summarize them in one post for me... as I couldn't tell what you really needed to  know, what you'd already figured out yourself, etc..

Ah, sorry. They're a little... disjointed, I know.

Questions:

1. How many different varieties of trees are there? Like, there are thick trunked trees, thin trunked trees, branched thick trunked trees... But are there others?

2. A summary of the post-processing effects would be nice, to check against what I already have. Or, you could just curate this and see what I missed: http://mythruna.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Post-processing_Effects#Light_source_effects

3. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about the leaf/column/node system, so if you have  the time to curate this as well, it would be much appreciated. If you think I missed anything important, do tell. I'm not too skilled at the technical stuff. http://mythruna.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Post-processing_Effects#Light_source_effects

Community requests/I'm lazy requests that aren't aimed at Paul:

Anywho, I'll work on the planned features now, as best I can.

(1) I think there are four/five (depending on how you count them) deciduous trees and three pine tree types.

The simple trees are what I call the lollipop trees (ball on a stick) in two sizes and the one with the different leaves that has a slightly more cone shape.  Kind of a cross between a tree and a bush.

Then there are the maple trees.  Those are the tall bushy ones that make kind of a big dome that goes almost all the way to the ground.

Then there are what I call "scrub" trees... the super tall ones with random branches but not much foliage.  These are essentially modified maples without the thick canopy.

For pines, there are regular, small, and scrub.  The regular ones are tall but have branches that start near the ground.  The small ones or really short and often only have a thin trunk.  (More like christmas trees)  The scrub are similar to the tall ones except their branches start way up off the ground.

Somewhere I think I have pictures of all of these but I don't remember where.  Or maybe I'm just thinking of the ones I took for the donations icons.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2015, 05:35:25 PM »

(2) I'm not sure what to say.  The only real post processing effect is the Bloom.  There is a depth blur that engages when you are underwater.

(3) I haven't looked at the page but your description sounded pretty right.

The world 'columns' actually go up to 160 right now (5 leafs high) it's just that the terrain only generates up to 128.

Node: 1024x1024x160 meters (32x32 columns)
Column: 32x32x160 meters (5 leafs)
Leaf: 32x32x32
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: