Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 07:48:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric car using its own momentum to generate electricity.  (Read 104716 times)
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 08:35:28 PM »

Well bounce back... to keep the light in that little area for as long as possible
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 08:38:10 PM »

Well bounce back... to keep the light in that little area for as long as possible

It depends on the efficiency of the mirrors in question and how clean they are, but a pulse of light would probably last less than a nanosecond, I think.  I haven't done the math, though. Smiley

And really, at best it's getting you back some percentage of the light that was scattered inefficiently by the bulb.  Then there is all of the heat loss, etc..   A generator wired to a motor will give you more efficiency... at least you have some metal momentum on your side.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »

Btw, generating the electrivity happens in the transmission's pistons.

Edit: Bah whatever. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 08:40:42 PM »

What... if... you throw in one of these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310148993913&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

Seems legit. I'd rather buy from china than from USA.

randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »

Lol... I don't have the funding to try and create anything like this Sad
However I might get a job life guarding in... a week?
Maybe then
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »

I don't know the exact details of how it works. You don't gain an infinite amount of energy but think: Perpetual energy.

Even if you could make a perpetual motion machine (Tip: throw rocks in space), it wouldn't help with this problem. For a car to move, it must use energy. Energy cannot be created/destroyed, so the energy goes from the car out into the road, air, etc. If you hook up a generator with 100% efficiency, you can catch the energy before it leaves the car and store it there forever. Unfortunately, this means it doesn't go into the roads and the air, and the car does nothing.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 10:57:01 PM »

I don't know the exact details of how it works. You don't gain an infinite amount of energy but think: Perpetual energy.

Even if you could make a perpetual motion machine (Tip: throw rocks in space), it wouldn't help with this problem. For a car to move, it must use energy. Energy cannot be created/destroyed, so the energy goes from the car out into the road, air, etc. If you hook up a generator with 100% efficiency, you can catch the energy before it leaves the car and store it there forever. Unfortunately, this means it doesn't go into the roads and the air, and the car does nothing.

ohh wise one please teach me ur ways and alow me to be your padawan.

anyway just use a good old petroleum fulled piston reciprocating engine :] hehehehe

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 10:59:10 PM »

Ok. My dad has known for awhile now how to make a pure electric car generate its own electricity through its transmission, and the rolling of its tires. So think of electricity in gallons: 100's of miles per gallon. He's not motivated enough to do it though, he thinks he can't do it right. I still have faith (He runs a small shop in our yard and has worked on cars for a big amount of his life. He has no employees and is a 1 man worker. Very honest man in his work.) So what do you think guys? The future is becoming brighter for the cars, If my dad is up for the task.

Edit: I'm not trolling around, I'm not kidding. I'm being serious.

btw if ya dad does know this ect... he would of patented it and would be a potential millionaire......

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 07:12:07 AM »

Hey: Pure electric car. Not fuel. Read everything correctly again.

Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 07:16:34 AM »

Ok. My dad has known for awhile now how to make a pure electric car generate its own electricity through its transmission, and the rolling of its tires. So think of electricity in gallons: 100's of miles per gallon. He's not motivated enough to do it though, he thinks he can't do it right. I still have faith (He runs a small shop in our yard and has worked on cars for a big amount of his life. He has no employees and is a 1 man worker. Very honest man in his work.) So what do you think guys? The future is becoming brighter for the cars, If my dad is up for the task.

Edit: I'm not trolling around, I'm not kidding. I'm being serious.

btw if ya dad does know this ect... he would of patented it and would be a potential millionaire......

The plain idiocy in your sentence makes me think if you really do want to help this community. I live in a rural area, basicly miles upon miles away from an urban town. We don't even have it built yet. And car companies around the world would try and find a way to stop us from trademarking and everything else

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 07:18:13 AM »

Where does the electricity come from?  You implied that it would all be generated by the car... which means there would be no electricity left to run the car and it would still run out of power.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 07:19:52 AM »

Where does the electricity come from?  You implied that it would all be generated by the car... which means there would be no electricity left to run the car and it would still run out of power.

Battery.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 08:00:54 AM »

Battery.

So nothing really different than current electric cars.

You can't tap into the drive train to charge the battery without making the drive train work harder and drain the batteries faster... no matter where you tap in.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 11:18:34 AM »

It charges the battery using its own momentum, in other words it keeps its charge going on longer, the energy put into the engine would be from the battery, the transmission then generates power from power, creating the same amount of power but in a smaller charge that circulates back into the battery otherwise giving it a small charge back so that it lasts longer than a usual car.

Edit: It's some-what like how a power-plant works. A local power-plant generates power for the new power-plant to generate power. But think of that without the fuel, and the local power-plant just keeps placing energy on the power-plant without fuel, but the movement of the power-plant creates energy and re-fuels itself but not forever.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:22:06 AM by Moonkey » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: