Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 06:45:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: My ship...  (Read 50324 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2013, 06:11:42 PM »

I heard Zuko wasn't disfigured, too.  Nothing I heard about this movie made me want to see it.  I loved the show.  I've watched it several times... they really didn't need to mess with it.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2013, 07:29:06 PM »

It isn't that bad (the acting, changes) it does put a kind of twist to the original show, giving it a different value. People may not like the change, but hey, this is my 6th time watching it Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2013, 07:29:36 PM »

And are we going to get back on topic yet!??!??

If you have forgotten, this is about Paul's Ship
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »

It isn't that bad (the acting, changes) it does put a kind of twist to the original show, giving it a different value. People may not like the change, but hey, this is my 6th time watching it Smiley

You said you didn't watch much of the original series and/or didn't finish it or something.  I think that makes you less qualified to compare since the real heart of the series didn't come until later.  And the ending was probably one of the most satisfying of any long narrative I've ever watched.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2013, 01:29:47 PM »

You said you didn't watch much of the original series and/or didn't finish it or something.  I think that makes you less qualified to compare since the real heart of the series didn't come until later.  And the ending was probably one of the most satisfying of any long narrative I've ever watched.
I mean I did watch it quite a bit, not every episode, I used to watch a lot of it but I was young at that time. I remember a little bit of it still.

The only thing I did not like about the movie was the namechange from Aang to Ong.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2013, 03:34:32 PM »

I've watched the entire thing through with my family when it came out. We always got excited when a new episode was going to be aired that day. The movie itself is pretty cool looking but they mixed many things up. Aang's tattoo on his head is a bunch of globbly goop, Sokka is now pronounced "Soak-a" instead of "Socka". It's not that good but it looks fantastic. Nothing interrupting the story though.
Edit: They aired many re-runs of the episodes and also a marathon from episode 1 to the final episode. Watch it alot.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 06:33:09 PM »

Back to off topic Cheesy!!!

UGH! I can't find The Legend of Korra episode 1 anywhere! The one I was ABOUT to watch was taken off of youtube before I could stat it :|... is there an official website I can watch this on?
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2013, 03:32:31 PM »

No replies? I found it anyway :3... "NO! Not my CABBAGE CORP!!!" They haven't forgotten xD
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »

No replies? I found it anyway :3... "NO! Not my CABBAGE CORP!!!" They haven't forgotten xD
I'm the Avatar; you gotta deal with it!  Grin

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »

I'm the Avatar; you gotta deal with it!  Grin
lol. I'm on episode 8 so far! The whole first three and a half minutes are AWESOME! LOL! Wait, how many trees was it again?
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 06:13:53 PM »

I heard Zuko wasn't disfigured, too.  Nothing I heard about this movie made me want to see it.  I loved the show.  I've watched it several times... they really didn't need to mess with it.
He had a faint (more realistic, but entirely lame) burn scar... on the wrong side of his face.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2013, 06:26:14 PM »

CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK ON topic?
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2013, 07:48:39 PM »

I mean, it's a very nice hull and all, but there isn't much to say about it until Paul adds sails and all that fun stuff.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2013, 08:46:10 PM »

I mean, it's a very nice hull and all, but there isn't much to say about it until Paul adds sails and all that fun stuff.
I am just tired of making things get off topic..

Here is a subject:
Wouldn't it be cool that when you add sails that the sails would wave as if wind was blowing on it, or is that already a planned idea for ships since they are 'objects'.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2013, 08:58:48 PM »

I am just tired of making things get off topic..

Here is a subject:
Wouldn't it be cool that when you add sails that the sails would wave as if wind was blowing on it, or is that already a planned idea for ships since they are 'objects'.

In the latest video there is a quick fly-by.  No new construction on the ship.  Too many other things to do.

And yes, I will wait for cloth to do the sails.

I wonder what the point of having a special cloth material would be if it didn't flap in the wind...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: